Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Longest run to date

Hopefully the title of this post will be a regular feature here in the coming weeks as I work my way up.

I went out for my longest run so far 15.2km which I ended up doing in 1:36 on Sunday afternoon.... and now, I'm paying the price!

To my delight the left achilles which has really been bothering me over the last few weeks came out feeling fine, the pain however decided to relocate two feet up my left leg to my knee. Ouch! I am still able to ride to work as I just use my right leg to turn the wheels over but the motion still causes some pain.

I'll probably take most of this week off running hoping that the rest will be good enough and I can avoid getting it checked out at a doctor... friday aka 'orthotic pick up day' can't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

Wow Rich! Well done. Let me be the first to say - don't overdo it! I am living proof as to what happens when you have too much enthusiasm compared to ability!!!! A VERY smart time for 15km. Duly impressed!

trailblazer777 said...

Way to go Rich!
Might be an idea to icepack the knee for 10minutes 2-3 times a night for 2-3 days.
keep going like that and i guess we might see you at the hills training group doing the 19km course on the trails by late July? if you are interested.
Avoid running on concrete, and minimise running on bitumen and less injuries the result.
Trails much kinder on the knees, body in general.