Monday, August 20, 2007

To C2S or not to C2S?

It's been a while since I have last posted, which as you may have guessed means that I havent been able to go running. The ever so slight twinge under my right knee cap has finally, 'I think', gone away which is great news.

I have actually gone out for what were going to be 10km or light runs but after just 1/2 a km felt a very slight 'this isn't right' feeling. I think I might just leave it for another few days to make sure.

The downside of all of this is that it means I'm really not in a good position for the Perth City to Surf this sunday. It would have been my 1st one which I have been looking forward to for sometime. The way I am feeling at present I know I can easily run the race, however do I want to risk:
- reinjuring the knee by doing too much too hard too soon?
- putting in a below avg time (not really that concerned about this one)
- substantially reduce chances of the Perth 1/2 the week after (at present I think I have realised that this is probably out of reach too)


Hmm, a bit to ponder this week, perhaps I'll go out for a 12km on say Wednesday night and if all things feel great may increase the chances of going in the race. At the moment I'm probably < 50%.

2 comments:

Celeste said...

I'm a big ol' scaredy cat when it comes to injury. I read lots of blogs and I get so inspired by people with stress fractures or whatever getting themselves ready for running again. But I can't seem to translate that to me. If I go for a quick run I worry that I can feel a niggle and then I am paranoid that the niggle will become a pain and the pain witll become an injury and the injury will prevent me running in the long term. So I stop when I feel the niggle. I never used to, but I've had my share of injuries as a result.

I am certainly not the person to advise you about niggles!! I'm paranoid! And not running....

Anonymous said...

You are doing the right thing, I have learned the hard way that it is better to rest a niggle than try to run through it. I have also learned there will be other races, they aren't going any where.

Take it easy